Did you know that you can support this instance economically?
I have set up a liberapay acount so users can support the Linux.Pizza project.
More donors = more services and we will be able to spend more time on it.
Linux.Pizza is 95% financed by our own pocket, which means that the fate of this instance and services boils down to one person only (basically a single point of failure).
I hope that we can build a community together where everyone's input is valuable!
Never assume safety
@hugo But if they did that how could they accidentally use it for advertising purposes? You know, accidentally **cough** on purpose **cough** .
@mike that and they shouldn't have been using phone numbers for account security to begin with, given how easy it is to port someone's phone number with a little bit of personal information. Using TOTP or other alternatives is far better 🔐
And yes, for those who still think online voting is "inevitable", I offer this: https://xkcd.com/2030/
Yet another reason it's a good idea to move on from Twitter (and Facebook) to a decentralized option like Mastodon.
"Twitter took phone numbers users gave for account security and used them to target ads"
@greyor I used to follow quite a few:
• #QuestionableContent: http://www.questionablecontent.net/
• #LookingForGroup: https://www.lfg.co/
• #CommitStrip: https://www.commitstrip.com/
• #CalvinAndHobbes: http://www.ucomics.com/calvinandhobbes/
• #CtrlAltDel / #CADComic: https://cad-comic.com/
• #GeekAndPoke: http://geek-and-poke.com/
• #LICD / #LeastICouldDo: https://leasticoulddo.com/
• #PHDComics: http://www.phdcomics.com/
• #SaturdayMorningBreakfastCereal / #SMBC: https://www.smbc-comics.com/
@n4utx Apropos of our earlier conversation about MAC changing. https://slashdot.org/story/19/10/06/177216/did-macos-stop-allowing-changes-to-wifi-mac-addresses
macchanger is the tool I use, if you want to check it out!
I randomise mine upon boot, and if I ever feel the urge to change it, macchanger makes it pretty easy to do.