In today's November Blog Update:
- RK3566 announced as one of our next generation platforms
- #PinebookPro Docking Deck
- #Pinecil on sale within the next month
- Enough other announcements to write a novel about... luckily Lukasz already did that for me. :)
"The device, stationary, with all apps closed, transferred data to Google about 16 times an hour, or about 389 times in 24 hours. Assuming even half of that data is outgoing, Google would receive about 4.4MB per day or 130MB per month..." #privacy https://www.theregister.com/2020/11/14/google_android_data_allowance/
32 bits (still) matters!
I used OPNsense on my pcengines Alix 2d13 firewall.
The Alix 2d13 is a nice motherboard with a Geode CPU 32 bits x86 CPU.
I migrated to OPNsense after pfSense dropped support for 32 bits. Unfortunately, OPNsense also dropped support for 32 bits CPUs in the 19.1.7 release. I decided to install FreeBSD on my Alix to use it as my firewall.
The Windows 10 Installer Dystopia • Stephen Brennan https://brennan.io/2020/11/08/windows-10-nightmare-edition/
Use a raspberry-pi 2 as a firewall with FreeBSD
I was using OPNsense on my pcengines alix firewall and was quite happy with it.
Unfortunately, OPNsense also dropped support for 32 bits CPU’s in the 19.1.7 release. I decided to install FreeBSD on the alix to use it as my firewall.
October News Update:
- New Pine Store
- #PinePhone @ManjaroLinux CE box + image
- PinePhone Qi charging, NFC & keyboard
- #PineTime progress & more
Made yet another blog post about the #pinephone camera, up to part 3 already :)
Image quality improvements for the #pinephone rear camera. This is getting somewhere :)
Whoa, it looks like Linux Journal is back (again again):
Not really the sort of news we wanted to give today, but it's important nonetheless: https://www.pine64.org/2020/09/17/psa-vulnerability-disclosure-2020-09-17/
Got some speedups in the megapixels app for the #pinephone
This is with the rear camera running at 1080p, it can also do 5MP but that halves the framerate.
September Blog Update Time!
- We're an Arm ecosystem partner now!
- New and improved Pine Store upcoming
- #PinebookPro production delay due to LCD shortage
- #PineTab new image releases
- #PinePhone Manjaro CE preorders start Sept. 17
- #PinePhone camera developments
- p-boot multi-image loader
The eleventh release of tut is out
The only new feature is that you can use relative date, everything else is just bug fixes. You can read more at the release page.
A great thank you for all the kind words and help I've gotten with detecting bugs and spelling mistakes. Hopefully I'll get more time to develop new features in the near future :)
A instance dedicated - but not limited - to people with an interest in the GNU+Linux ecosystem and/or general tech. Sysadmins to enthusiasts, creators to movielovers - Welcome!